Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In the south

This my friends is what we in the South refer to as a snow storm.


We knew there was a cold front moving in last night bringing arctic winds with it. And it wasn't until late last night that my weather app said that there would be snow today.
Then this morning, like I do every morning, I rolled over to check my phone and see what the days weather was going to bring. This determines if we get dressed and go outside or not. Sometimes my GPS is off and says I'm somewhere in the ocean, usually off the coast of Africa. So when my weather app loaded and all I saw was blue, I just assumed that is what happened. So I started to zoom out to find my actual location when I realized, no I am not in fact off the coast of Africa but it was suppose to be snowing! I peeked through the blinds in our room expecting to see soft white stuff on the ground, when to my disappointment, there was nothing. It was in fact not snowing. Stupid app lied again.

Then about an hour later I let the dog out and noticed it had actually started snowing, and it was snowing hard! It was about another hour or so before Finley and I got dressed and headed out to play in it.
I knew I needed to go to the store, so while we played I let my car warm up. I figured since it hadn't been snowing long the roads wouldn't be bad.
I was wrong. Very very wrong.
I took almost 10 minutes to get out of our driveway. Not because the driveway was icy, but because the school around the corner had canceled classes and parents were picking there kids up and there was a TON of traffic. That should have been my first clue to stay home.
We live less then 5 minutes from a Wal-mart. The trip should have taken about 30 minutes round trip. It took an hour. It also took me 2 tries to get through the intersection at Wal-mart. We got there, got our stuff, and got home!
Around 1 PM Matthew messaged me to tell me he was on his way home and to give him 45 minutes. He works 15 -20 minutes away. It took him an hour.
We spent the rest of the afternoon inside staying warm. With a few minutes of outside time to throw some snowballs and play. Finley loved it!


throwing a snowball at daddy :)


throwing a snowball at me.

these two, they melt my heart


she threw another snowball at me and it hit my face and made its way down my shirt...

snowy kisses

she got mad because we tried to change her mittens.

My sister works in Atlanta and said it took her over 4 hours to get home. She takes the train to a from work and said she watched as GA-400 slowly came to a stop.
Last I heard my parents were still in the car trying to get home and were on hour 6.
I've heard the roads here in Chattanooga aren't any better. I am glad we didn't have to get out in this today!
So I guess an hour isn't that bad.... right?
Stay safe and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment