Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.
I don't know if I can say that I am really good at anything.... there are things that I can do, some of them turn out pretty cool.... others not so much.... and most of them have directions that you can find and follow.
This was my first attempt at making homemade bread. It didn't turn out looking quite like the picture, but it still tasted good!
1.) I like to cook/bake.
When Matthew and I got married there was a joke about the fact that we would be eating fast food every night because I had no idea how to cook anything! Once we were out on our own I had to feed us... so I started to look for recipes and just kind of jumped in and started to cook. We have been married almost 7 years now and I think I can count on one hand the number of time we have had to go out to eat because of a cooking fail. I have several friends that don't really cook and they say it is because they are scared to. And I'm all like "What!? There is nothing to be scared of!" All you need to do is find a recipe for something that looks yummy and follow the directions. It is that easy! Now... I do have to say I am a pretty ridged recipe follower. I very rarely stray from what the recipe says and I still use the recipe card for just about everything I make... I like knowing I am following the directions even though I know what I am doing.
2.) I like to do crafts.
I am a very visual person. I can look at most things and figure out how to make it. (Who needs directions!? Not this girl!) And if I can't figure it out by look at a picture, I buy it and take it apart and then figure out how to make it that way. (My husband calls this reverse engineering... he's so smart!) Again this is one of those things that you can find directions on how to make just about anything you want and then follow them.
One more thing I like to do and am pretty good at....
Being a mom
This is probably my favorite thing that I am good at. At least I hope I am good at it. I think I am doing a pretty good job.... I guess I wont know if I did a good job until she lives through her teenage years and early 20's... right?
Finley is one of the most amazing little girls in the world! She is so super smart and is always keeping me on my toes! Every day is a new adventure and I love watching her grow and change and learn. Some days I look at her and think about how lucky I am to have her. I hope that some day she can look back at our relationship and have wonderful memories of us together.
No comments:
Post a Comment